1. There's no place like home
when you carry it all around with you:
One child on each hip.
2. What a wonderful world it would be
if we all rode around in skyboxes
with grins the size of the Pacific.
3. I rested my head on his back,
His hair smelled like sunscreen.
We closed our eyes.
4. They looked like the cover of an Adventure Guide
for Boys who Like to Roll Down Hills.
Doesn't matter they're fifty-one years apart.
5. We dried our swimsuits side by side by side.
Three generations of women
who love the water.
For more on our ten-days of summer vacay, go here. I'm posting, in real time, our to-dos. Hope you're all making lovely memories with your people!