*With bonus Family & Friends Edition Below!!!
1. Book: The History of Love , By: Nicole Krauss -- A fantastic book, both insightful and beautifully written. One of the great new books to hit shelves. Krauss is the "it girl" of the book world, in my opinion and this book proves why. A New York Bestseller that deserves to be. Buy it if you haven't and prepare to cry, laugh, become green with envy over Krauss' talent.
2. Shopping: Estate Sales -- Last week I went to an estate sale and got some serious loot. I almost forgot how much fun it is to rummage through dead people's closets for their prized possessions.
3. Product: L'Oreal Lash Architect-- Just because I'm a label whore doesn't mean I enjoy and recommend the occasional bargain. Remember Tyra? The. Best. Mascara. Ever. AHHHHHH!!!! OH YEAH! YEAH!
4. Film: Stranger Than Fiction -- I also got to see Borat this week. Genius, of course BUT the real film of the season is Stranger Than Fiction. I left the theatre elated. I can't remember the last time that happened. (Eternal Sunshine?) A perfect film. Well acted. Well written. Perfect.
5. Book (Update): People of Paper (Now OUT in paperback c/or Harcourt) -- Remember when I was super-duper pissed when I found out that McSweeneys wasn't going to print a second edition? Well... Thankfully Harcourt decided to take it on.
I got the chance to meet the author, Salvador Plascencia, Saturday Night @ Book Soup. The fact that there were not thousands of people there for the reading was shocking to me as I believe Plascencia to be the most original literary voice alive. Not only that but Sal-P is undeniably cool in person. (I kind of want to be him, is that wrong?).
If you do not read this book you are doing yourself a disservice. You can read the first few pages, here.
Bonus Family & Friends Edition
1. Cause: Sponsor Russell's Mo: See above photo of Russell's Mo/Mustache. (Yes, it seems we are all a little mustache-obsessed in the GGC familia.) My BIL, Russell, is growing a mustache for a good cause. (How cool is that?) To sponsor Russell's Mo, go here. His registration # is 21539. Support Men's health.
P.S. It seems my brother has ALSO grown a Mo for fun. Oh, boys. Crazy, crazy, boys.
2. Gossip: Hollywood Heartbreaker -- My lovely friend, Chrystie, formerly of Hot Momma Gossip (the lady-mama sold the site and thankfully started a new one.) The lady is a gossip-QUEEN and the interweb is so happy to have her back.
3. Debate: Kristen's radio show. The lovely Kristen of Motherhood Uncensored will be hosting a debate on Blog Talk Radio about parent's issues. Tuesday, November 14th, 7pm. PST.
4. Art: My Mom's Painting Blog -- My Mom has launched her own blog featuring her artwork for sale. Check her out! And tell her HELLO! She's new to the blogosphere and a teensy-bit shy.
5. Taste: My friend and BRILLIANT Children's Chef, Jenifer who's blog features AMAZING recipes for your little person/people.